Honorable Anthony M. Massi, J.S.C. (Ret.)
TELEPHONE: 609-853-5579 | EMAIL ME
The Honorable Anthony M. Massi, J.S.C. (Ret.) served as a Judge for the Superior Court of New Jersey Mercer County Vicinage for over 13 years. While serving on the bench, he presided over a variety of jury and bench trials. These included personal injury and wrongful death actions, automobile and premises liability, professional negligence, insurance coverage issues, and construction disputes. Judge Massi also served on the Criminal and Family Parts of the Superior Court.
He actively participated in the New Jersey State and Mercer County Bar Associations. Judge Massi served as the President of the Mercer County Bar Association. His public service also includes two terms on the New Jersey Supreme Court’s District VII Attorney Ethics Committee. Thereafter, he served as the District VII Attorney Ethics Committee’s Chairperson.
His extensive civil litigation and transactional law experience, combined with his time on the bench, enables him to help parties understand the risks and costs of litigation. He skillfully builds the parties’ trust in the mediation process as an effective and efficient means of resolving their disputes without the need for a trial.
Judge Massi focuses his practice on Alternative Dispute Resolution/Complementary Dispute Resolution. Alternative Dispute Resolution refers to the use of methods such as mediation and arbitration to resolve a dispute. Alternative Dispute Resolution enables litigants to avoid the length, cost, and uncertainty of the litigation process by crafting their own solutions.
- State of New Jersey Judiciary
- January 2010 – July 2023
- Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey
- Appointed by the Governor of New Jersey and rotated by assignment to civil, criminal, and family divisions.
- Mercer County Improvement Authority
- General Counsel
- Supervised all litigation matters with outside counsel. Responsible for construction contracts, disputes, litigation, arbitration, and mediation. Argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court on the legality of Project Labor Agreements in Public Construction Projects.
- Robbinsville Township – Presiding Judge, Municipal Court
- Hamilton Township – Presiding Judge, Municipal Court
- Presided over quasi-criminal offenses, disorderly persons, motor vehicle matters, and municipal ordinance violations.
- J.D. – Seton Hall University School of Law
- B.A. – Government, Seton Hall University
- New Jersey
Boards And Memberships
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Mercer County Bar Association
- Past President Mercer County Bar Association
- Past Member, District Ethics Committee, District VII
- Chairperson, District Ethics Committee, District VII