Brian J. Duff
Brian J. Duff Curriculum Vitae
Brian J. Duff is a partner at Kalavruzos, Mumola, Hartman, Lento & Duff, LLC. He specializes in personal injury (including, but not limited to car accidents, falls, injurious products, trucking accidents), civil litigation and workers compensation matters. He also handles commercial/business transactions and advice. He has also handled municipal court and criminal matters, wills and estate planning, and real estate matters (both commercial and residential). Brian takes seriously the lawyer’s role as a problem solver for his clients.
Brian joined Kalavruzos, Mumola, Hartman & Lento in October 2015 after nearly two decades in private practice with other local law firms. Brian started his career as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Neil H. Shuster, Presiding Judge of the Civil Part—Mercer County. Brian is admitted to practice in New Jersey (1996), the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1996), the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1997) and the United States Supreme Court (2017).
Brian graduated from Notre Dame High School, in Lawrenceville, NJ (1989). He graduated from Drew University, in Madison, NJ (1993). He received his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law (1996).
Brian served a one-year term as President of the Mercer County Bar Association in 2019 after holding the positions as the President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President. He served two, three-year terms on the Board of Trustees of the Mercer County Bar Association. He served on the Mercer County Bar Association’s Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Due Diligence Committee. He was the co-chairperson of the Budget Committee and co-chairperson of the Continuing Legal Education Committee. He also previously served as chairperson of the Events Committee and chairperson of the Young Lawyers Committee. The Association named Brian its 2005 Young Lawyer of the Year. He was recognized by peers as a “New Jersey Rising Star” 2006-2013, and as a “Super Lawyer” 2022, in New Jersey Monthly Magazine,. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and American Association for Justice-NJ. Brian just started his third four (4)-term term on the New Jersey Supreme Court’s District VII Attorney Ethics Committee.
Brian has been a speaker/panelist for numerous continuing legal education seminars, as well public education presentations at area high schools. His presentations include: Expedited Personal Injury Jury Trials, Use of Experts in Personal Injury Cases, Recoverable Damages and Liens in Personal Injury Actions, PIP Practice Pointers in Light of Revisions to NJ’s PIP Law, Social Host Liability and Serving Underage Persons, Workplace Discrimination and Harassment, Expungements.
Brian is a very active member of his community. Born and raised in Hamilton, NJ, Brian has resided in Lawrenceville, NJ with his wife and two children since 2001. Brian serves as Treasurer of the Board of Trustees for the Mount Carmel Guild of Trenton, a poverty relief organization. He volunteers as the Mock Trial Team Attorney Advisor for Notre Dame High School. He is a member of the Board of Governors at Notre Dame High School, where he also serves as the chairperson of the Board’s Strategic Planning Committee. He volunteers as one of the chefs at the Notre Dame High School concession stand during football games. He volunteered as a soccer, baseball, softball and basketball coach for his daughter’s and son’s teams. He is active in Knights of Columbus Council #7000—St. Ann Parish, Lawrenceville, NJ.
TELEPHONE: 609-586-9000 | EMAIL ME
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Real estate
- Estate Planning
- Traffic Offenses
- New Jersey (1996)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1996)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1997)
- United States Supreme Court (2017)
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ (1996)
- B.A., Drew University, Madison, NJ (1993)
- Notre Dame High School, Lawrenceville, NJ (1989)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member Mercer County Bar Association, 2003 – Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 2013 – Present
- Kalavruzos, Mumola, Hartman & Lento – 2015-Present
- Private Practice Law firms 1998 – 2015
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Neil H. Shuster, Presiding Judge of the Civil Part—Mercer County, September 1996-August 1997.
- Partner, Brian J. Duff, of the Firm’s Personal Injury Department was excited to be selected to participate in the first personal injury trial via Zoom in Mercer County during April 2021. The trial was conducted remotely, with even the jurors participating from their homes/offices. After acclimating to the various technologies required to broadcast from the Firm’s conference room, Brian was happy to be able to advocate on his client’s behalf after the courts were closed for trials throughout all of COVID.